We’re sorry. #PMC14 won’t push through.
Dear colleagues at PACE,
Following the latest advisory from the Department of Health on the 2019-nCoV ARD, we regret to inform you that Pinoy Media Congress Year 14 scheduled on 20-21 February 2020 at the College of the Holy Spirit Manila (CHSM) will not push through.
PACE, ABS-CBN, and CHSM are prioritizing your health security.
As an alternative, Pinoy Media Congress Caravans will be held in selected regions. We will be posting updates regarding this through our Facebook Page and website.
For those who have deposited their registration payment, please expect an email from PACE on the refund process.
Should you have other concerns, please email [email protected]
Thank you for your kind understanding.
The Philippine Association of Communication Educators (SEC-registered as Philippine Advocates of Communication Education Association, Inc.) and ABS-CBN Corporation are pleased to invite your institution to the 14th Pinoy Media Congress (PMC) which will be held from 20 to 21 February, 2020 at the Paraclete Auditorium, College of the Holy Spirit Manila at 163 E. Mendiola, 1005 Manila.
PMC is the country’s biggest and longest-running annual gathering of communication students, professors, experts, and practitioners. This year’s theme is “20/20 Vision for Philippine Media’s Future”. This will look into the crucial role media will perform in the new decade.
The two-day conference will cover discussions on journalism, media, and entertainment in today’s digital world. The third day, which will be held on February 22 at ABS-CBN, will feature workshops and studio tours, among others.
Pre-registered faculty attendees are invited to attend the seminar on Integrated Marketing Communication which will be held on 19 February 2020, 1:30 PM at the College of the Holy Spirit Manila. First come, first served for 50 slots.
We invite the active participation of delegates from your institution. The program and registration details are available via the PACE website.
Participants that will come in a delegation should undergo pre-registration. The following are the guidelines and procedures:
- Accomplish the #PMC14 Participant Count Sheet (downloadable from bit.ly/pmc14prereg) and send it to [email protected] with #PMC14 PAX as the subject, on or before 7 February 2020.
- Wait for the pre-registration code and assessment sheet from PACE before filling out the pre-registration form. The form’s link will be provided in PACE’s response email. You will be asked to upload the proof of payment so make sure to have done this prior to filling out the online pre-registration form on or before 14 February 2020.
- Payments can be made through our BPI Account Number 1581-0025-79. Cheques should be named to: Philippine Advocates of Communication Education Association, Inc. and should likewise be deposited to the same account number. The amount deposited should match the amount reflected in the assessment form.
- PACE will send you an e-passport to confirm your pre-registration. Present this to the secretariat on #PMC14 Day 1 to get your IDs, notebooks, and pens.
This is for delegates who are able to send in their Participant Count Sheet on or before 7 February 2020 and have accomplished the online pre-registration form and uploaded their proof of payment on or before 14 February 2020. This includes two snacks and lunch for two days, ID, notebook, and pen.
- Active individual members with at least 25 students:
- FREE (last attendance is CMSC/CHED)*
- ₱600 (last attendance is PMC13) (membership renewal)
- Active individual members with less than 25 students:
- ₱400 (last attendance is CMSC/CHED)*
- ₱1,000 (last attendance is PMC13)
- Non-member/Inactive members from institutional member schools:
- ₱600 (with at least 75 students; becomes a member)
- ₱1,000 (with less than 75 students; becomes a member)
- Non-members without students/not from institutional member schools
- ₱1,600 (PMC reg & membership fee)
- Student Registration Fee: ₱ 1,000
* Active members, who attended CMSC 2019 at FEU or the CHED Training at Ramada but whose individual membership is valid until March 2020 should renew their membership during PMC14. Please check your membership status with the Secretariat.
ON-SITE REGISTRATION FEES**:
Cash payments only. This includes two snacks and lunch for two days and ID. Notebooks and pens are provided while supplies last.
- ₱1,200 for students and individual members, and faculty/practitioners from institutional member-schools
- ₱1,600 for non-members
** On-site registrants will only be accommodated once all pre-registered participants have checked-in. Take note that for safety reasons, we can only accept as much delegates based on the number of seats available in the auditorium. DO NOT deposit any amount. This will not be reimbursed.
Participants coming from one institution should be in one delegation and should assign a point person. The point person should be ready with an e-copy of the list of participants (last name, given name middle initial) and the total cash payment. Only the point person shall transact with the secretariat.
***If an institution has already sent in their Participant Count Sheet, an assessment has been issued to them, and payment has been made, it can no longer add participants as pre-registered. Additional participants will be accommodated on-site.