Wen Reyes leads new PACE Board of Trustees
CEBU CITY, Philippines — Dr. Rowena Capulong-Reyes of Far Eastern University is the new President of the Philippine Association of Communication Educators (PACE) Foundation, Incorporated.
She succeeds Prof. Marco M. Polo of De La Salle University – Dasmariñas, who served as President for two terms, from 2013 to 2017.
The following are the new officers of PACE:
- President: Dr. Rowena Capulong-Reyes (FEU)
- Vice-President for Luzon: Prof. Joeven Castro (FEU)
- Vice-President for Visayas: Prof. Ulderico Alviola (VSU)
- Vice-President for Mindanao: Dr. Ma. Theresa M. Rivera (XU)
- Secretary: Prof. Mark Lester D. Chico (UPLB)
- Assistant Secretary: Prof. Jed Asaph Cortes (VSU)
- Treasurer: Prof. Monina Bello (SPUQC)
- Assistant Treasurer: Dr. Jose Reuben Alagaran II (PUP)
- Public Relations Officer: Dr. Severino Sarmenta, Jr. (AdMU)
- Compliance Officer: Prof. Janet Tibaldo (SLU)
- Dr. Bettina Joyce Ilagan (CvSU)
- Prof. Jose Arsenio Salandanan (UST)
- Dr. Gwenetha Pusta (UST)
- Prof. Julius Neil Piala (UP Mindanao)
- Dr. Joseph Tubilan (CNU)
- Ex-Officio: Prof. Marco M. Polo (DLSU-D)
The Board, composed of 15 members, was elected from an offical list of candidates nominated online and onsite, at the Communication & Media Studies Conference, by PACE members. The election was also opened online to non-attending PACE members.
They are set to meet again for a Strategic Planning Workshop in July 2017.