CAVITE, Philippines – Mark Lester del Mundo Chico of the University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB) was re-elected for another term as president of the Philippine Association of Communication Educators (PACE) for 2023-2025.
“I am honored and humbled by the trust and support of our members and the PACE Board of Trustees (BOT) for re-electing me as president of the Philippine Association of Communication Educators,” Chico said.
Chico is director of public relations and assistant professor at UPLB. He first joined the BOT as assistant secretary in 2013, moving up the ranks as secretary, then vice president for Luzon, before becoming president in 2021.
“Leading the country’s premiere, biggest, and most dynamic professional organization of media and communication educators and practitioners is a daunting task, but I am sure that with the active participation of our members and the perseverance of the BOT, we will be able to usher PACE into its 50th year successfully,” Chico continued.
Here’s the full list of the PACE BOT 2023-2025:
- President: Prof. Mark Lester del Mundo Chico (UP Los Baños)
- VP for Luzon: Prof. Reginald Gonzales (LPU Cavite)
- VP for Visayas: Dr. Ulderico Alviola (VSU)
- VP for Mindanao: Dr. Karen Joyce Cayamanda (UP Mindanao)
- Secretary: Prof. Anansa Dijan (FEU Manila)
- Assistant Secretary: Prof. Herwin Cabasal (FEU Manila)
- Treasurer: Prof. Monina Bello (SPU QC)
- Assistant Treasurer: Prof. Marynelle Laureta-Rosales (PUP)
- Compliance Officer: Dr. Nornelyn Cachuela (DLSU Dasmariñas)
- Public Relations Officer: Prof. Rechelle Ann Tolinero-Barraquias (XU Ateneo de Cagayan)
- Dr. Ernest Collo, Jr. (DMMMSU)
- Dr. Fraulein Oclarit (MMG College of GenSan)
- Dr. Gwenetha Pusta (FEU Manila)
- Prof. Jose Arsenio Salandanan (UST)
- Dr. Janet Tibaldo (SLU)
For his vision, Chico shared, “We will work hard to achieve our aspirations for a media and communication education that is grounded in our positive values, professional ethics, and highest standards of excellence.”
The 15 members of the BOT were elected by the general assembly online from October 9 to 13, 2023 facilitated by the PACE Election Committee, which was composed of former VP for Luzon Joeven Castro, and former Presidents Rowena Capulong Reyes and Marco Polo (chair). The BOT members then elected the executive officers on October 19.
They were sworn in at the Lyceum of the Philippines University-Cavite during the closing program of the Communication and Media Studies Conference (CMSC) on October 21 with keynote speaker Dr. Hsuan-Pei Ho, director of international affairs at Hungkuang University, Taiwan, as officiating official.
With Chico’s re-election as president, Capulong Reyes will continue serving the BOT as ex-officio.